Friday, September 21, 2012

Forget me not friday

First of all, some very good news! This blog was created when I signed up to be Olga E's Christmas Warrior. Through a number of twists and turns, she never made it to RR's Angel Tree, but I kept on advocating for her, and this blog was my main tool in doing so. I'll try to share the whole story sometime.



As of this week, Olga is now home with her forever family :-) Because of the region she was in, I haven't been able to blog much about the process, but I have stayed in touch with her family. If you remember I had different fundraisers for her here on the blog, one being a puzzle fundraiser. Today I went to the post office and mailed the puzzle to her :-) I'm just so thankful that she is home with her family, and that she now has a bright future ahead of her, with love, opportunities and education.

I haven't got any new pictures of her, but if you go to this blog, you'll see the little beauty :-)

Most of you have probably heard the Starfish legend. But here it goes:

A vacationing businessman was walking along a beach when he saw a young boy.
Along the shore were many starfish that had been washed up by the tide and were sure to die before the tide returned.
The boy walked slowly along the shore and occasionally reached down and tossed the beached starfish back into the ocean.
The businessman, hoping to teach the boy a little lesson in common sense, walked up to the boy and said, "I have been watching what you are doing, son.
You have a good heart, and I know you mean well, but do you realize how many beaches there are around here and how many starfish are dying on every beach every day. Surely such an industrious and kind hearted boy such as yourself could find something better to do with your time.
Do you really think that what you are doing is going to make a difference?"
The boy looked up at the man, and then he looked down at a starfish by his feet. He picked up the starfish, and as he gently tossed it back into the ocean, he said, "It makes a difference to that one”.


Olga is my little starfish :-) I'm so thankful to her family for bringing her home. I'm thankful for everyone of you who spread the word about her, who donated to her adoption grant, and who cared about her. And I'm thankful for the very good orphanage director who really loved the children in her care, and did the best she could for Olga.

Can Kolya also be one of the starfish that are thrown back into the sea? This little boy has been waiting for so long, and there is reason to believe he is not in as good of a place as Olga was in. I've blogged about him before, here and here. But I just can't give up on Kolya. He is eight, but very little for his age, and really needs the love of a family. Could that be you?



If you want to be inspired, go here and read about little Katie, who came home at the age of ten, but the size of a baby, and now is learning to walk! She came home from the same country as Kolya is in.
If you can't adopt him, please consider if you can donate to his fund, and please, please spread the word about him, so that his family can find him.

And, as always, don't forget little Brooks.



If a family adopts him now, he will never have to know the life in a mental institution, but instead will be treasured in a family.

Have a nice weekend everyone !






Forget Me Not Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment